Keno is one of various lottery games which players enjoy. It is very popular in New Zealand and can be played for as little as $1 per line. What makes it so attractive is that it is played four times a day, meaning you have four chances every single day to play and win. At 10 am, 1 pm, 3 pm and 6 pm you have the chance to play however you want, whether it be with short odds or longer odds for a higher chance at winning.
How to play Keno
In the game of Keno there are 80 numbers. With each draw you pick 20 numbers at random. After choosing your preferred number sequence, you can make your bets and wait for your results. Check the website https://kenoresults.nz/ for more information on this matter.
If you participated in the draw using the MyLotto app (which we recommend you do, because a mobile app makes everything so much easier), you will receive a notification if you drew a winning number. In cases of bets that are $1000 or less, the amount won will automatically be credited into your MyLotto account. For bets that are $1000 and above, you will be required to sign a claim form before the money can be released to you.
Step by step instructions
- Decide the numbers you want to play. It has to be up to ten;
- Choose your preferred numbers from one to eighty;
- Select your wagering amount. This can range from NZ $1 to NZ $100 per line. You can decide to add a multiplier by doubling this amount;
- There are four draw times each day, so you have to choose the most convenient one(s);
- Choose how many draws you want to make.
What’s the cheat code?
There are so many factors that determine whether you will get good Keno results or not. How many numbers you bet per line, how much you spend, how many draws you play, whether you use a multiplier, etc. are all examples of factors that determine your results.
Keno strategies range from person to person. Some people claim to be professionals in the Keno business and give various tips to players, one of which being betting on hot numbers rather than cold numbers. The hot numbers are those numbers that are almost always chosen, so they appear often. The cold numbers are those that don’t end up being chosen, so they end up at the bottom of the number field.
These self-proclaimed professionals might tell you to select hot numbers because they have better chances of reappearing as a winning sequence, but that is far from the truth. You should combine your selections with hot and cold numbers because, like all games of randomness and luck, each has an equal chance of winning.
Some other strategies to help you win are:
- Split your bankroll among as many cards as possible.
- Know when to walk away. This strategy is to minimize the losses that are sure to compound with Keno betting.
- Bet on the bull’s eyes more often than not, as the payouts are higher and more comprehensive.
- Never forget that there is no magical answer to winning Keno.
Playing Keno in New Zealand
- To play the Keno lottery, you have to be in New Zealand. There are about 1400 stores across New Zealand where you can purchase a ticket through an official lottery app or website.
- Once you find the most suitable store to purchase your ticket, select any number from one to ten. Any number you choose will have an effect on your possible wins and prizes.
- If you double the cost of each ticket to a certain amount, you’ll get a multiplier. This can multiply your winnings up to x10.
- As soon as you’ve made your pick, you can now pay for a ticket.
- You can buy as many tickets as you want.
Our most important tip to you is; instead of investing a huge amount of money on one New Zealand Keno card, try to break down these huge amounts into smaller bankrolls and buy as many cards as possible to improve your odds. This Keno strategy for New Zealanders is not a sure-fire winning tip, but it will maximize your chances.